'Lucky escape' for four-day-old baby in south London house fire

Advertise here

Published by Jon Land for 24dash.com in Housing

Seven people including a four-day-old baby escaped a house fire in New Malden, south London, this morning after a halogen heater fell over in a bedroom. Three women, three men and the baby all suffered smoke inhalation in the fire and were taken to hospital. One of the women also suffered minor burns to her arm in the incident at Coombefield Close. London Fire Brigade Watch Manager Steve Preston, from New Malden fire station, who was at the scene, said: “It looks like the heater fell over...

Read full article...