Tenants warned of air freshener danger after flat explosion

Advertise here

Published by Max Salsbury for 24dash.com in Housing and also in Communities, Health

A housing association is warning its tenants about the risks of placing automatic air fresheners near to gas fires after an explosion at one of its flats. Fire safety officers are now investigating the incident at one of Gloucester City Homes (GCH) properties on Wheatstone Road in Tredworth. The explosion on Saturday night is believed to have happened after vapour from an automatic air freshener was ignited by a nearby gas fire. The blaze quickly spread as clothing left to dry in front of the ...

Read full article...