Driving Change in 14- 19 Education Conference
Published by Susannah Ellis for Capita Conferences in Education
Capita announces details of its Driving Change in
14- 19 Education Conference
Tuesday 16th October 2012 – Central London
Capita’s 15th National Driving Change in 14-19 Education Conference provides schools, colleges and training providers with a crucial update on the range of vocational qualifications and work-based learning options available to pupils and how this must be balanced with a broad academic core.
Following Professor Wolf’s Review into vocational education, the Government has revealed that just 125 qualifications will be included in Performance Tables from January 2015; this timely conference examines what these changes mean in practice.
Attend to learn valuable ways of integrating academic and vocational curricula that promote attainment and progression.
Our expert speakers include:
- Chair: Mary Vine-Morris, Director 14-19, London Councils
- Keynote Address: Irene Kirkman, Head of Vocational Strategy Vocational Qualifications and Financial Support Division, Department for Education
- Jane Cowell, Director, Young People’s Funding, Education Funding Agency (EFA)
- · Peter Kent, Headteacher, Lawrence Sheriff School
- · Jessica Stubbings, Development Manager (11-19), East Sussex County Council
- Dr Elaine McMahon, Principal, Hull College and Chief Executive, Hull College Group
Benefits of Attending
- Hear from the Department for Education and the Education Funding Agency on the progress made towards Raising the Participation Age in 2015
- Explore how using data to demonstrate pupils’ progression is a key feature of the new Ofsted inspection framework and must be embedded across all key stages
- Consider the benefits of developing foundation learning programmes to ensure all students attain the key skills
- Gain an understanding of how Studio Schools and University Technical Colleges fit into local 14-19 provision
- Take away best practice guidance on preparing young people with additional support needs for the transition to employment
Book Online: http://bit.ly/14-19conf
Conf Programme: http://bit.ly/14-19confexcpdf
Contact: Fran Langham – firstname.lastname@example.org /020 7960 7751