Capita Conferences release details of their 2nd annual Improving the Private Rented Sector conference
Published by Naomi Wood for Capita Conferences in Housing
A One Day National Conference
Wednesday 24th September 2014 – Central London
The English Housing Survey (February 2014) showed that, for the first time, more households are renting from private landlords than social providers. As demand for affordable, high-quality housing grows, our 2nd National Improving the Private Rented Sector Conference is ideally timed. Attend this event and hear from the Department for Communities and Local Government and other leading national and local practitioners detail future strategies, existing best practice and creative new approaches to developing the UK’s private rented sector.
Meeting the challenges of availability, quality and affordability in housing provision has become an increasingly pressing national priority. This is the opportunity to share in the expertise of policy leaders and award winning innovators. Book now to avoid disappointment and drive expansion and improvement in your local private rented sector.
- Keynote: Mark Hitchen, Head of Expanding the Rented Sector Programme Housing Directorate, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Keynote: Gareth Blacker, Head of Land and Development, Homes and Communities Agency
- Chair: John Bryant, Policy Leader, National Housing Federation
- Robin Payne, Divisional Director of Environmental Services, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Paul Whittingham, Head of Housing, Futures Homescape
- Christian Trevelyan, Chairman, Somerset West Landlord and Tenant Services (SWeLT) and Partnership Manager, Somerset West Private Sector Housing Partnership
- Tracy Vernon, Partnership Co-ordinator, Somerset West Private Sector Housing Partnership
- Ian Wright, Environmental Health Service Manager, Oxford City Council
For more information:
Download the brochure: