Stockport Homes’ Repair 1st Service wins
Published by Anonymous for 24dash.com in Housing and also in Communities
(From left to right): Dave Moran, Managing Director, Ocean Media (award sponsor); Alan Brocklehurst, Asbestos Surveyor, Stockport Homes; Leanne Benfold, Stockport Homes’ customer and Penny Lane Pantry Volunteer; Kris Williams (Leanne Benfold’s mum); S
Stockport Homes’ Repair 1st Service has won the ‘Maintenance Team of the Year’ award at the Housing Heroes award for the second year running. The winners were announced at a ceremony hosted by Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson at Manchester Central on Monday 23 June.
Stockport Homes won the award for its in-house repairs and maintenance service, Repair 1st, with key successes including:
- supporting and maintaining solar panels in 2,000 homes, and taking a lead on the maintenance of five biomass district heating systems, serving a further 2,000 homes;
- launching the B4Box initiative, which provides employment and training opportunities for local people;
- installing CCTV cameras in high and low rise blocks, benefitting 250 families;
- delivering 30 corporate social responsibility activities, including decorating a local community centre and holding a mock interview day at a local High School; and
- repairing empty homes so quickly that the percentage of rent lost through properties being vacant was just 0.35 per cent.
Roger Phillips, Chair of Stockport Homes' Board said, “We are delighted to have won ‘Maintenance Team of the Year’ for the second year running. This award is testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff who work for Stockport Homes’ Repair 1st Team.”
Martin Hilditch, Acting Editor of Inside Housing, said, “The standard of entries for the Housing Heroes Awards hit new heights this year. All of our entrants can be truly proud of everything that they have achieved in the past 12 months. Housing professionals are carrying out fantastic work to build and sustain communities across the UK. We had more than 200 entries this year and it was incredibly tough whittling that down to a shortlist, quite apart from picking a winner. Huge congratulations to everyone who entered.”
READ NEXT »