Plymouth Community Homes residents are in safe hands
Published by Louise Manico for Plymouth Community Homes in Housing and also in Education, Health
The safety of residents is of the greatest importance to PCH and to this end the Gas Servicing and Repair Team are trained to the highest level.
PCH staff work above the standard of work required by law. To ensure all those working in our properties have the same levels of skill and understanding, the Gas Team developed a training programme for both the in-house work force and contractors who may be employed to work in homes.
This assures the highest standards of gas safety, as everyone works to the same high level. As this is an ongoing programme it also means that operatives are kept up to date with the latest technical and safety information.
For this development, PCH has recently been awarded Training Initiative of the Year in the Heating and Ventilation News awards. This was the 20th H&V News Awards and the ceremony was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London’s Mayfair in front of 1,000 of the country’s leading names in building services.
The judges commented that: “With clear ambition and innovation demonstrated, PCH is bucking the trend bringing services back in house.”
Charlie Peace, Senior Gas Quality Inspector, said: “We are delighted to be recognised for this work. At PCH we are committed to providing our customers with the same high-quality service every time we visit their homes to do gas work.
“We would aspire to become an Accredited Industry Training Centre to enable us to work with other social housing providers, local authorities and other training establishments and be a model within the social housing sector.”
Gary Ashton, Gas Servicing Supervisor, said: “It is really nice to get the recognition for what we do and be honoured for best practice. The training initiative really makes a difference as we know we are all working to the same high standard and can be extra-confident our contractors are too. This means less call backs to properties and a better and safer service to our tenants.”
READ NEXT Â»