Last Chance to Attend Important Value for Money Conference
Published by Claireaw for Board Development Agency in Housing and also in Local Government
As there are only a few days left before the Value for Money conference on Tuesday (29th April) in Birmingham, the BDA are offering a special 15% discount on remaining places.
This Conference promises to be even more important than previous events, as the HCA regulator will be giving feedback on the issues and errors made in this year’s Value for Money self-assessments. With many associations being told that their submissions:
“only partially demonstrated compliance with the transparency requirements of the standard and that improvement will be required to ensure that the organisations ’s self-assessments provide assurance of compliance in future."
To help solve these problems, Richard Foster the Senior Financial Analyst at the HCA, will be in attendance to discuss Value for Money self-assessment and give the regulators feedback. He will also discuss their approach to VFM through the new key question - ‘Does the organisation demonstrate how it achieves value for money in meeting its strategic objectives’? To help you reach the standard needed.
Other key speakers will discuss:
- Techniques and tools available to embed Value for money in an organisation’s culture strategic plan, decision making and scrutiny processes.
- What methodologies are still emerging and available for measuring financial social and environmental impact and inform social housing tailored VFM strategies?
- How to approach value for money as part of the appraisal of financial instruments and options.
- Top tips for developing organisational efficiencies in asset management and performance. How to develop internal staff and systems to enhance organisational efficiency effectiveness and economy.
We listened to delegate's feedback from last year's event and embedded a great deal of your suggestions. Including a panel event where you can ask the experts questions and discuss issues your organisation has around Value for Money.
There will also be a number of workshops that will help you discuss subjects and network with others on subjects that of particular interest to you and your organisation. This year’s workshops are:
- An Introduction to Social Return on Investment.
- Case studies in evaluating opportunity costs and developing effective performance information systems to support project evaluation.
- Improving culture, strategic planning decision making and scrutiny so as to incorporate the organisation’s values and maximizing return on investment including social impact assessment.
- Evaluating the value for money of new sources of finance. Balancing risks from a commercial focus with core housing values.
There are only a few days to go, so book your place now and receive a 15% discount, meaning you only pay £250.
To BOOK EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
READ NEXT »