Housing associations urged to join digital revolution
Published by Jon Land for 24dash.com in Housing
No damages for construction workers 'scarred' by Wembley Stadium death
The housing sector is being invited to a day at Wembley to witness a unique collaboration between social landlords Radian and Southern Housing Group, and youth platform www.slenky.com
In partnership with 24housing magazine, 'Tired of Talk - Taking Action' will take place on Wednesday 26 March from 11:30 to 14:00.
Housing providers are challenged in this era of fast social transformation, with the potential to use the new technology to engage young residents, deliver services and communicate their brand and its values today, affected by slow, traditional processes.
The key media device of the 21st century is the smartphone screen – and young people in the UK lead Europe in its use.
How does the housing sector earn some of that screen time today and tomorrow to connect programmes ranging from sport to employability? By taking action, says Slenky.
In the most rapid evolution in communications ever, a digital revolution has transferred ‘power’ from the brand to the audience. The generation known as ‘Gen Y’ are the drivers: connecting, mobilising and amplifying organisations’ actions, causes, info, and opportunities more effectively than any previous generation - provided their criteria is met…
• Are You Relevant? How does your organisation fit into my lifestyle and aspirations?
• Are You Credible? Who are you and who/what connects us?
• What’s in it for me? How do I benefit from connecting with you?
Follow this link to find out all you need to know and book yourself onto the course that could change your whole perspective on attracting youth into the UK housing sector.
Once you have registered remember to contact the organiser and quote your voucher code 24HOUSINGSHOT.
The day will include events such as:
• Are We Unsociable? with Bill Shaw of Radian Housing
• Social Media Generation Game, with Hannah Allen BCHA & Winner 24housing Young Leaders 2013
• Connecting Opportunities - Sector Skills Councils & Big Brands, with Paul Latham, president Live Nation UK & Chair – Creative & Cultural Skills
• From Peckham to Barcelona via Sweden, with Slenky users Jonathan & Joab
• #TakeYourShot, Mike Orchard, CEO Skills Hive
• Action - A Social Hub for Housing, with Cec Richards, CEO Slenky
READ NEXT »