Sign up to our Editors Choice newsletter now! Click here

New show homes unveiled at South Shields development

Accessibility Menu

Menu Search

24dash - The UK's most up-to-date social housing and public sector news website

New show homes unveiled at South Shields development

KEEPMOAT Logo

Published by Craig Downs for Keepmoat in Housing and also in Communities

Pictured left to right: Councillor Ed Malcolm, who represents the Simonside and Rekendyke ward, Andy Rose, Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency and Ian Prescott, Land and Partnership’s Director at Keepmoat Pictured left to right: Councillor Ed Malcolm, who represents the Simonside and Rekendyke ward, Andy Rose, Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency and Ian Prescott, Land and Partnership’s Director at Keepmoat

Housing developer Keepmoat has officially unveiled two new show homes at its Trinity South development in South Shields.

Alongside representatives from Keepmoat Homes, the two three-bedroom homes were officially unveiled by Andy Rose, Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency, and Councillor Ed Malcolm, Lead Member for Resources and Innovation at South Tyneside Council.

The £30 million development will eventually see Keepmoat Homes creating over 200 family homes in a five to six year period as part of a major regeneration plan for the area. Located on a 5.3 hectare area including the former Circatex factory site and the southern half of Frederick Street, work is already well underway on the section close to Reed and Eldon Streets. 

The homes, which are all being built to Lifetime Homes Standards, have been released for sale off plan and include a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes in a range of styles and house types that are ideal for first time buyers, families and professionals.

Christine Harrison, Sales Director for Keepmoat Homes North East, said: “This is another significant milestone for all partners involved in this exciting new development.  The opening of these new show homes demonstrates how quickly this development is progressing and we are very grateful to Andy Rose and Cllr. Ed Malcolm for their continued support.

“We look forward to welcoming prospective buyers to come and view our new show homes to see what Trinity South has to offer.  With financial assistance available on all new homes and up to six different house types to choose from, I am sure this development will appeal to many first time buyers and families.”

With six different house types to choose from and financial assistance available through the Government’s Help to Buy scheme, it is little wonder why the development is already proving to be popular with North East house buyers.

Prices range from £92,796 for a two bedroom home to £179,995 for a four bedroom home on the Help to Buy scheme.

Councillor Ed Malcolm, who represents the Simonside and Rekendyke ward, said: “It is great to see the development progressing so well, making another part of our vision for Riverside regeneration a reality. This area is changing fast, with the hi-tech One Trinity Green business development, Sinclair Meadows eco-homes and the stunning Harton Quays Park recently completed, as well as a renewal programme in the nearby Trinity Estate.

“Trinity South is another important step forward, bringing quality new homes, environmental improvements, and more footfall for local shops, and I am delighted that the scheme includes 20 homes for rent to local people.”

Now, buyers can now view two three-bedroom show homes to see the quality of these stunning new homes.  Available from £108,796 on Help to Buy, the three bedroom Avon is a popular choice with many families.  On the ground floor, this modern new home includes entrance hallway, WC, separate kitchen/diner and spacious lounge with French doors leading to the rear garden.  The first floor includes three bedrooms and a family bathroom.

Alternatively, for buyers looking for more space, the two-and-a-half storey Esk, which is available from £125,596, also on the Help to Buy scheme, is ideal.  It includes a spacious kitchen/diner, lounge and WC on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor and a large master bedroom and en-suite bathroom on the second floor. 

The Help to Buy scheme offers buyers who have saved a 5% deposit the chance to take advantage of a loan covering 20% of the value of the property for up to twenty-five years, with the first five years being interest free. The remaining 75% of the property’s value will be funded through a mortgage, with Keepmoat referring customers to an independent mortgage advisor who will arrange the finance needed.

The properties will achieve Level 3 of the Government‘s Code for Sustainable Homes, making them greener than is required by building regulations. All new homes at Trinity South have been designed to meet the Homes and Communities Design Quality Standards, meaning that they will be significantly larger than the properties house builders usually construct for first-time buyers.

Andy Rose, Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency, said: “It is fantastic to visit this scheme and see the huge difference that the Homes and Communities Agency, working with our partners can make for local residents. It is really interesting to see how Keepmoat are helping deliver the vision that South Tyneside Council have for the town centre over the next five years and the difference that the Agency’s land is making to this.

“Help to Buy coupled with such a wide choice of house types and sizes will ensure that local people can afford to buy the home of their choice.”

Each home will also be built to Lifetime Homes compliance standards, which means they incorporate 16 design criteria that adds to the comfort and convenience of the home and supports the changing needs of individuals and families at different stages of life.

Lifetime Homes are all about flexibility and adaptability and are designed to create and encourage better living environments for everyone. From raising small children to coping with illness or dealing with reduced mobility in later life, Lifetime Homes make the ups and downs of daily living easier to manage.

The new development is conveniently located close to the town centre, which offers a wide choice of high street shops, restaurants and cafes and is set to benefit from South Shields 365, which will bring new shopping, leisure and community facilities as part of a £100m regeneration scheme. Trinity South is also less than 10 miles from Newcastle city centre and only 12 miles from the MetroCentre.  The seafront with all of its attractions is only two miles from the development.

For more information or to reserve your dream home, please visit Keepmoat’s Trinity South development at Frederick Street, South Shields, NE33 5PE between 10.00am and 5.00pm Thursday to Monday.  Alternatively, please call our home sales executive on 0191 543 8861 or visit www.keepmoat.com.

Comments

Login and comment using one of your accounts...