It’s a Family Business
Keepmoat's Lisa Freshman and her son Chris
Like many young house hunters, when Shrewsbury-born Chris Freshman managed to save up a deposit to secure his dream bachelor pad, he immediately turned to his mother for advice.
But unlike many other prospective buyers, 25-year-old Chris knew he could really rely on his mum’s wisdom, as she has worked for housing and regeneration specialist Keepmoat for two years.
Lisa Freshman, who works as a Home Sales Executive at Keepmoat’s The Croppings development in Telford, immediately put her sales patter to good use and persuaded Mechanical Design Engineer Chris to have a look at the houses on offer at the purpose-built development.
Shortly after seeing the plans for the two bedroom Alderbury-style house, he put in an offer and moved into his new pad last month.
Chris, who had been saving up a deposit since October, said: “Who better to help me get on the property ladder than my mother? She has many years of experience and knows a good deal when she sees one.
“Having been to school in Telford, I have loads of friends in the area and it is really handy having a house that is so close to work and family.”
Chris’ mum and Keepmoat employee, Lisa said: “Chris’ new house is perfect for him; it is spacious, light and has everything he could possibly need. And more importantly, it’s just five miles away from where I live with my husband, daughter and youngest son, so if he needs any DIY help or just a meal with his family all he needs to do is jump in the car.”
So impressed with his new pad, Chris has also recommended the development to a friend via Keepmoat’s ‘Recommend a Friend Scheme’.
“My friend was looking for a new home, so I suggested he had a look around The Croppings. He loved the property and decided to buy a house on Tilleys Close which is just 400 yards away from me,” says Chris.
The ‘Recommend a Friend Scheme’ means that when a home owner suggests a friend, and that person buys a house, both parties get £500 when they complete on their home.
Chris continues, “I am sure I will now see a lot more of my friends and colleagues and have already spent the £500 on a new sofa for my home.”
Keepmoat has just released a new phase of two and three bedroom homes at The Croppings development, offering a range of different styles ideal for first time buyers, young professionals and families looking to get a foot on the property ladder.
The development also offers the Help to Buy scheme, which offers buyers who have saved a 5% deposit the chance to take advantage of a five-year interest free loan covering 20% of the value of the property. The remaining 75% of the property’s value will be funded through a mortgage, which Keepmoat can help buyers to arrange.
For more information on The Croppings, please visit the show homes, Lightmoor Telford, TF4 3EGbetween 10.00am and 5.00pm Thursday to Monday. Alternatively, please call our home sales executive on 01952 507 514 or visit www.keepmoat.com.