Stockport Homes’ customer could win £12,000 ‘Big Break’ if they switch to Direct Debit
Published by Nicola Mileham for Stockport Homes in Housing and also in Local Government, Universal Credit
Stockport Homes has pledged its support to the Big Break Campaign, which is a national competition run by BACS UK.
All Stockport Homes’ customers who sign up to pay their rent by Direct Debit before 30 June will be entered into the nationwide prize draw, where one lucky person will win £12,000. Stockport Homes’ customers who already pay by Direct Debit will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
Between 1 March 2013 and 30 June 2013 Stockport Homes will also donate £1 to its Charity of the Year Beechwood Cancer Care for every new Direct Debit set up to support the campaign.
Benefits of paying your rent by Direct Debit:
- payments will be made on time, every time, with no missed payments or hassle;
- it is safe and secure;
- puts you in control, taking away the worry of forgetting to pay on time;
- you agree the amount of money to be collected from your bank;
- you can choose to pay your rent weekly, fortnightly, every four weeks or monthly on a day that suits you; and
- it will help you manage your money when Universal Credit is introduced from October 2013. Universal Credit is a single benefit payment that will replace a number of existing benefits, including Housing Benefit. Please not this only affects customers who are of working age.
Christian Hartley, Customer Finance Manager, Stockport Homes said, “We are delighted to offer our support to this campaign. It is a fantastic way of promoting the benefits of customers paying their rent by Direct Debit, as well as offering them the chance to win £12,000. With the introduction of Universal Credit in October 2013, paying by Direct Debit will also make it easier for customers in receipt of benefits to manage their money.”