How Hastoe and their residents are saving on gas and electricity
Published by Andrew Eagles for Sustainable Homes in Housing and also in Communities, Environment
My Home Energy Switch is a 3 part energy supply financial inclusion service from the National Housing Federation. It’s a free, impartial online or telephone comparison and switching service and is for social housing tenants and housing associations to help them:
• Save tenants money by ensuring tenants are on the lowest available tariff.
• Simplify the void property process by reducing the void period through closing off all issues related to energy supply and meter maintenance quickly and efficiently.
• Reduce business costs by checking and switching the energy supply to corporate properties to ensure the organisation is getting the best deal.
Some of our SHIFT members have taken up the service. We thought it may be of interest to other associations out there.
Tenant energy switching and comparison
Tenants and staff can use the free, impartial My Home Energy Switch comparison and switching service either online or by phone to make sure they’re getting the best price for their energy. The team will support tenants through the whole process from start to finish, making it as smooth and hassle free as possible.
Void properties can potentially cost financially and operationally. The key to protecting rental revenue is to reduce the void period and return the property to useable condition as soon as possible. My Home Energy Switch can help with this by working with us to
• Close off issues, including bad debt relating to former tenants
• Obtain clearance codes for pre-payment debt and provide coded keys to staff
• Set up new tenants accounts to ensure quick and smooth set up and avoid repeat issues.
• Assist with warrants, replacing stolen or damaged meters.
• Ensure new tenants begin their tenancy on the cheapest tariff available.
Corporate energy supply
Running offices and other company buildings can be expensive, and with ever rising fuel costs, it’s important to ensure we receive the lowest rates for our energy.
My Home Energy Switch can quickly and efficiently complete an assessment of our energy expenditure, calculate how much money we could save, and switch us over to the best deal should we wish to consider this as an option. Many companies have benefited from savings of up to 40% on their corporate energy bills.
Staff and tenants can simply visit www.myhomeenergyswitch.org.uk or call 0800 0014 706 to speak to the My Home Energy Switch customer service team.
READ NEXT Â»