GREENFIELDS’ CONTRACTOR WINS NATIONAL AWARD FOR CONDUCT ON SITE
Published by Donata Rio for Greenfields Community Housing in Housing
Greenfields Community Housing’s contractor, Ivybuild, recently won a prestigious Gold Considerate Contractor award on for demonstrating exceptional levels of consideration on Greenfields’ sites, putting them in top 2% in the country.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is the national initiative set up by the construction industry to improve its image. Sites and companies that register with the Scheme are monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements. The awards recognise and reward contractors who meet the following requirements and more:
- Reducing energy and water consumption
- Avoiding, reducing, reusing and/or recycling waste
- Identifying and protecting plants, trees, watercourses and wildlife
- Reducing carbon footprint
- Keeping sites clean, tidy and well-maintained
- Reducing noise and inconvenience to neighbours
- Offering apprenticeship, work experience and placement opportunities
- Involving the community
- Ensuring a health and safety plan is implemented
- Visiting local schools to provide site safety talks
- Ensuring that parking and uploading is managed on and around the site to minimise disruption for residents.
Daniel Allen, Property Services Director at Greenfields, said: “The people in our communities are at the centre of what we do, and we want to ensure that they are happy with the services that both we and our partners provide. This award is evidence that the standards that we set are maintained and we are pleased and proud that Ivybuild has won this award.”
Martin Lee, Managing Director at Ivybuild, said: “Ivybuild is extremely proud of its partnership with Greenfields’ staff and tenants in achieving and maintaining the high standards required to win an award of this calibre. We have a local workforce, which helps us to understand the needs and care necessary to maintain the level required to meet Greenfields’ standards and policies on many contracts. Thank you to Greenfields for making this award possible.”
A spokesperson for the awards, said: “Of particular note, on one site was voluntary effort made and backed by the company in giving helpful instruction classes to residents for the ongoing decoration, minor repairs and general maintenance of their homes.
These elements combined are complemented by consistently high safety scores and an atmosphere of friendliness and professionalism generated by the site team, making it a benchmark example of outstanding considerate practice.”
For all media enquiries, please contact Donata Rio at
01376 460 060 / firstname.lastname@example.org