Planning Minister to deliver keynote speech at TCPA annual conference, 'Where will the people live?'
Published by Nneka Opara for TCPA in Housing and also in Communities, Local Government
Thursday 29 November at Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre, South Bank, London SE1 9NH
It is our pleasure to invite you to join us at the TCPA annual conference ‘where will the people live?’. The annual conference is the highlight of the Association's events calendar attracting guests from across central and local government, local authority leaders and senior officers, business and investment organisations, planners, developers, community and voluntary groups and academics. We are delighted that the new Planning Minister, Nick Boles MP, will be delivering a keynote speech at the conference.
The conference will be chaired by Lee Shostak, chair of the TCPA and we have an excellent line-up of speakers including:
- Sir Jonathon Porritt OBE, Environmentalist and writer
- Ed Cox, Director, IPPR North
- Cllr Barry Wood, Leader of Cherwell District Council
- Mary Parsons, Group Executive Director (Business Development), Places for People
- Maria Adebowale, Director, Capacity Global
- Toby Lloyd, Head of Policy, Shelter
- Dr Hugh Ellis, Chief Planner, TCPA
- Plus leading representatives from local government, planning, house building, housing associations and the voluntary sector
With high-profile opening and closing keynote speeches, the conference will be framed around two thematic debates which will provide the opportunity for direct and powerful discussion.
- The first debate 'housing the nation' will ask whether the latest planning reforms and the financial stimulus package will deliver the homes the nation needs.
- The second session will question whether we are on the right pathway to achieving a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable future for the nation.
As well as establishing the current political, policy, economic, social and environmental factors shaping the nation's future, the conference will also seek to create constructive recommendations about how every community can reach its full potential.
For more information download the brochure here.
We are delighted to be able to offer a big discount for TCPA members (the members rate is £125 plus VAT; the non-members rate is £300 plus VAT).
The conference is kindly supported by Places for People.
READ NEXT »