Capita’s 13th National Conference Flood and Water Management Thursday 29th November 2012 – Central London
Published by Anonymous for Capita Conferences in Local Government
Capita’s 13th National Conference
Flood and Water Management
Thursday 29th November 2012 – Central London
Chair: Helen Hinds, Director, Emergency Planning Society, and Head of Resilience Planning, Newcastle City Council
Capita’s 13th National Flood and Water Management Conference provides essential guidance for meeting the legislative requirements of the Flood and Water Act and EU Directives, as well as practical examples of preparation, response and recovery.
2013 is a pivotal year for practitioners to get to grips with developing flood risk management strategies, measuring and mapping flood hazards and preparing for flood risk insurance implications after the Statement of Principles ends.
Attend to hear the latest policy and learn from recent experiences of response and recovery from the floods of Summer 2012 to ensure that you are fully prepared for a future flood emergency.
Our Expert Speakers Include:
- Dr Sebastian Catovsky, Head of Adaptation, UK Committee on Climate Change
- Neil O’Connor, Director, Fire, Resilience and Emergencies, Communities and Local Government and Chair, Fire and Rescue Strategic Resilience Board
- Pete Fox, Head of Strategy and Investment, Environment Agency
- Aidan Kerr, Assistant Director, Association of British Insurers (ABI)
- Paul Cobbing, Chief Executive, National Flood Forum
- David Powell, Emergency Planning Manager and Local Resilience Forum Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire Local Resilience Forum
Benefits of Attending
- Hear the first recommendations from the Climate Change Sub-Committee of how to prepare for the increasing frequency of floods and escalating pressure on water resources
- Put your questions to our panel of experts in order to explore options for flood risk insurance in 2013 when the Statement of Principles expires
- Examine how the European Flood Directives are being translated into local practice
- Take away lessons of how to prepare for the new SAB duties
- Learn lessons from both community and rescue services perspectives about the unique flooding incidents of Summer 2012 following the long drought
- Understand how to develop resilience within your community to respond and recover from floods
READ NEXT »