allpay clients to play key role in Universal Credit demonstration projects
Published by Jon Land for allpay Limited in Housing and also in Bill Payments
Following the announcement of the successful volunteer organisations for the Government’s demonstration projects, allpay’s support in determining how the Government introduces key elements of Universal Credit is set to continue.
The pilots – which will see housing benefit paid directly to a sample of tenants for 12 months from June – feature the following local authority and housing association partnerships:
- Southwark Council and Family Mosaic, London
- Oxford City Council and Oxford Citizens and the Green square Group, Southern England
- Shropshire Unitary County Council and Bromford Group, Sanctuary Housing and The Wrekin Housing Society, West Midlands
- Wakefield Metropolitan Borough Council and Wakefield and District Housing, Northern England
- Torfaen Borough County Council and Bron Afon Community Housing and Charter Housing, Wales.
allpay is the bill payment service provider for the majority of the volunteers and will be supporting the DWP and participating organisations with their existing services to help collect rent effectively as well as new services to help tenants budget more effectively and protect landlords’ income.
Nick Peplow, allpay’s Marketing Director, said: “I am delighted that so many of our clients have been selected. There was a lot of interest in participation of the demonstration projects and being chosen is a significant achievement.
"The forums we have organised over the last year to allow our clients to question the DWP have proved very successful and we are continuing regular dialogue with Government and our clients on this key policy area.”