Alternative Provision in Education Conference
Published by Susannah Ellis for Capita Conferences in Education
Capita's 8th Alternative Provision in Education Conference comes at a time when improving educational outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged children is at the top of the Government’s agenda.
Local authorities, schools, pupil referral units and alternative education providers must now work together to ensure that the reforms accepted from the Taylor Review are implemented effectively and swiftly.
Attend to hear from best practice providers with innovative approaches to improving the delivery and standards of alternative provision in education.
Our Expert Speakers include:
- Keynote Address: Nathan Crawley-Lyons, Senior Manager for Alternative Provision and Head of UK Business Development, CfBT Education Trust
- Chair: David Moore, Former HMI
- Murray Rose, Director of Services for People, Darlington Borough Council
- Hilary Beards, Headteacher, Primary Pupil Referral Unit Bradford
- Adrian Packer, Principal Designate, Everton Free School
- Dave Whitaker, Executive Principal, Springwell Community Special School and Berneslai Academy
Benefits of Attending
- Hear an update on the new national guidelines being implemented to reform alternative provision in education
- Learn from a recently inspected pupil referral unit about their experiences under the new Ofsted framework
- Discover how to deliver a tailored curriculum that engages and up-skills pupils to ensure future employment opportunities
- Examine how one of the first new alternative provision free schools is intending to engage and encourage its pupils through community-based approaches
- Gain insight into managing pupils’ behaviour and embedding early intervention to avoid exclusions
- Explore the benefits and challenges surrounding the academy conversion opportunities for pupil referral units
- Understand how the school exclusion pilots are shifting funding arrangements and accountability to Headteachers
Book Online: http://bit.ly/altprovconfoct2012
Conf Programme: http://bit.ly/altprovexclpdf
Contact: Fran Langham – email@example.com /020 7960 7751
READ NEXT »