Capita Conferences release details of their 1st Secondary Science conference
Published by Naomi Wood for Capita Conferences in Education
A One Day National Conference
Tuesday 30th September 2014 – Central London
With a revised science curriculum due for implementation from this September, changes to A-Levels in 2015 and GCSEs to follow soon after, our Secondary Science Conference is timed to prepare you for the implementation challenges ahead and enable you and your students to succeed in the new landscape.
Designed specifically for senior leaders in secondary schools, academies, sixth form and FE colleges, this event provides you with a crucial opportunity to hear from the Department for Education and expert speakers, covering the strategic and practical issues affecting science departments.
Take this opportunity to hear essential updates and take away best practice case studies on implementing the new programmes of study, developing a science curriculum offer that meets the needs of your cohort and preparing your students to succeed in the new qualifications and inspiring the next generation of scientists with outstanding teaching and learning.
- Keynote: Rebecca Rylatt, Lead Policy Adviser for Science, Curriculum and Standards Division, Department for Education
- Keynote: Phil Carr, Comparability Manager, Standards, Ofqual
- Keynote: Dr Christine Harrison, Senior Lecturer in Science Education, Kings College London and Chair-Elect, The Association for Science Education
- Chair: Shaun Reason, Chief Executive, The Association for Science Education
- Lee Walker, Vice Principal, Hinchingbrooke School
- Ailsa Harris, Head of Science, Teddington School
- Vicky Gough, Head of Science, Bohunt School
For more information:
Download the brochure: