Capita Conferences release details of their 14th annual Alternative Provision conference
Published by Naomi Wood for Capita Conferences in Education
A One Day National Conference
Thursday 23rd October 2014 – Central London
With the School Exclusions Trial coming to an end, it is vital to attend to learn valuable lessons about schools’ increased accountability for their alternative provision, and to review progress made on implementing Charlie Taylor’s recommendations for Improving Alternative Provision.
With a line up of expert speakers and award winning schools, take away innovative ideas on moving towards a quality assurance framework, minimising the need for exclusions through early intervention strategies and improving careers advice for learners post 16.
Don’t miss the opportunity to ensure you are providing a service for students unable to attend mainstream school that improves behaviour, attendance and attainment.
- Keynote: Pat Thomson, Professor of Education, The University of Nottingham
- Chair: Becky Durston, President, National PRU's and Alternative Provision
- Janice Cahill, Headteacher, The Pendlebury Centre and Interim Executive Head, Trafford PRUs
- Christina Whitfield, EOTAS Coordinator, Wiltshire County Council
- Adrian Hart, Senior Teacher, Avon Valley College and Director, Wessex Partnership
- Carla Chandler, Headteacher, Wandsworth Hospital and Home Tuition Service (Medical PRU)
- John D'Abbro OBE, Head of Group, The New Rush Hall Group
- Tony Meehan, Head of School, Latimer AP Academy
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Jack Ojari – firstname.lastname@example.org