Learning Disabilities – Save the date
Published by Naomi Wood for Capita Conferences in Education and also in Care and Support, Communities, Health, Housing
With this year due to see the application of the Winterbourne View Joint Improvement Board’s recommendations, the Care Bill currently going through Parliament and the new weight placed on successfully applying the Mental Capacity Act, there is a greater emphasis on personalisation, community care and engagement.
Timed to coincide with the implementation of the Winterbourne View recommendations, Capitas’ learning disabilities event will offer guidance on delivering a more integrated approach to care providing an insight into the changes to policy and future legislation. Attendees will be able to network with the key decision makers from the industry and gain essential knowledge on how to; improve the quality of life for people with learning disabilities by commissioning community based care, how to increase employment opportunities by empowering those with learning disabilities, how to protect and ensure liberty by successfully applying the Mental Health Capacity Act and how delivering a wider choice of housing options can offer greater independence.
- Keynote: Bill Mumford, Director, Winterbourne View Joint Improvement Board
- Keynote: Rachel Griffiths, Mental Capacity Act Policy Manager, Care Quality Commission
- Chair: Councillor Chris Chappell, Vice Chairman, Herefordshire County Council
- Kathy Melling, National Executive Committee Co-optee, British Association for Supported Employment BASE UK
- Stephen Taylor, Principal Advisor, Winterbourne View Joint Improvement Board
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Jack Ojari – firstname.lastname@example.org