Capita announce details of their e-Safety and Online Child Protection Conference
Published by Anonymous for Capita Conferences in Education
e-Safety and Online Child Protection Conference
Wednesday, 23 April 2014
About the Event:
Our one-day conference on e-Safety and Online Child Protection will bring together schools, local authorities and the third sector to share good practice on protecting children online and creating responsible digital citizens.
With a keynote address from Education Scotland, this event will provide insight into the recent publication of guidance on mobile technology in schools and the launch of the 360 degree safe online tool to enable schools to review their e-safety provision.
Attend to gain crucial update you on how to embed e-safety into teaching and learning across the curriculum. Do not miss this opportunity to understand how to find the balance between keeping children safe online, and encouraging them to utilise the internet as a positive tool.
Expert Speakers Include:
- Dr James Fanning, Head of Emerging Technologies, Education Scotland
- Kevin McDade, Detective Sergeant, Cybercrime Unit, Specialist Crime Division, Organised Crime and Counter Terrorism, Police Scotland
- Patricia Cartes Andrés, User Safety Domain Expert, Twitter
- Eileen Prior, Executive Director, Scottish Parent Teacher Council
Benefits of Attending Include:
- Hear directly from Education Scotland on teaching internet safety and responsible use through the Curriculum for Excellence
- Understand how a uniform approach to all bullying behaviours can resolve incidents of cyberbullying
- Hear from Police Scotland on approaches to combating online child abuse
For more information:
Contact: Amna Khan on 020 7202 0562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf
READ NEXT »