A One Day National Conference - Child Protection in the Digital Environment Friday 22nd March 2013 – Central London
Published by kateparnell1 for Capita Conferences in Education and also in Care and Support
Chair: Susie Hargreaves, Chief Executive, Internet Watch Foundation, and Board Member, UK Council for Child Internet Safety
Hear from Ofsted on the new requirement within the inspection framework to achieve successful e-safety provision in schools. With contributions from Facebook and leading stakeholders on engaging positively with new technology while protecting children online, now is the time to grab this vital opportunity to update your existing knowledge future proof yourself against further developments.
Capita’s established Child Protection in the Digital Environment Conference will cover the key themes including; engagement strategies to reach young people, parents and carers on increasing levels of cyber-bullying, tackling the challenge of sexting, clarifying your understanding of the right to confiscate and embedding e-safety within the curriculum.
Benefits of Attending:
- Take the opportunity to hear about the importance of partnership working and learning from emerging trends online
- Hear from Ofsted on how to gain outstanding safeguarding through effective e-safety provision
- Understand how to integrate e-safety strategies throughout your school processes and curriculum, including supporting and training professionals to keep up to date with new developments
- Gain an insight from a leading education lawyer on the new power to confiscate and how it can be used appropriately
- Learn how to tailor your engagement strategies to connect with hard to reach families and vulnerable young people
- Engage with industry experts on how to reduce the risk of social media and prevent it from being used negatively
READ NEXT »