Capita Conferences release details of their 15th annual Preventing Deaths In Police Care conference
Published by Naomi Wood for Capita Conferences in Communities and also in Health
A One Day National Conference
Wednesday 16th July 2014 – Central London
Capita Conferences’ well established Preventing Deaths in Police Care Conference brings key stakeholders together to learn invaluable lessons from ‘near misses’, improve standards of care within custody and strengthen confidence in the police.
This timely event provides an opportunity to explore the most successful emerging custodial care and best practice guidance on enhancing multi-agency working. Hear from expert speakers on assessing and monitoring vulnerable detainees, the handling of young people in custody and providing alternatives to custody for intoxicated detainees.
Attend this conference and learn how to respond appropriately to the risks presented by detainees in custody and explore the latest developments in this important part of the criminal justice system.
- Chair: Michael Wilks, Chair, Forensic Medicine Committee, British Medical Council
- Hong Tan, Head of Health in the Justice System, NHS England
- Chris Bath, Chief Executive, National Appropiate Adult Network
- Simon Atkinson, Detective Chief Inspector, West Yorkshire Police
- Simon Meegan, Custody Inspector, Cheshire Constabulary
- Dr Lesley Stevens, Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Director of Mental Health, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Glenn Probst, Production HUB Manager, London Ambulance Service
For more information:
Download the brochure:
Jack Ojari – email@example.com