Govtoday is to host its annual Reducing HCAIs Conference & Exhibition in London on Tuesday 21 June 2011.
Published by ClareLydon for GovToday in Health and also in Central Government
Guest speakers include international pioneers of patient safety models and national experts leading the current fight against HCAIs.
18th May 2011: Govtoday has announced it is to host its annual Reducing HCAIs Conference & Exhibition in London on Tuesday 21 June 2011, bringing together international pioneers of patient safety models and national experts leading the fight against HCAIs in order to identify new infection threats, analysing and sharing best practice examples of effective management systems, clinical practice, prevention procedures, and the technology solutions for the future.
With radical change once again the order of the day for the health sector, the conference will provide vital criteria for maintaining patient safety, highlighting the prerequisites necessary for achieving a 'zero tolerance' approach, and breaking the cycle of infection across the healthcare economy.
The event will take place at The Brewery in London (from 08:15am – 16:50pm) a Grade II listed building and holder of a City Heritage Award.
Teleflex, a global provider of medical devices used in critical care and surgery, who serve health care providers in more than 130 countries, will be the official sponsor of the event.
- Sue Saville, Conference Facilitator, Journalist and Broadcaster (Event Chair);
- Simon Burns MP, Minister of State for Health, The Department of Health (DH);
- Edwina Currie, Patron, MRSA Action UK;
- Dominique L Monnet, Senior Expert and Head, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control;
- Professor John Oxford, Chair, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry;
- Professor Barry Cookson, Director, Health Protection Agency (HPA);
- Dr Thomas Nifong, Vice President , Metamark Genetics Inc;
- Dr Susan Hopkins, Healthcare Epidemiologist, Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust and Honorary Senior Lecturer at UCL;
- Rose Gallagher, Advisor, Royal College of Nursing;
- Professor Garry French, Professor of Microbiology & Consultant Microbiologist, Kings College London;
- Dr Dennis Maki, Ovid O. Meyer Professor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School Madison;
- Professor Didier Pittet CBE MD, MS, Professor of Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology, Hospital Epidemiologist, and Director of the Infection Control Programme, Geneva Faculty of Medicine;
- Dr Peter Moss, Vice President, British Infection Association (BIA).
This conference is essential for all senior managers from relevant Government Departments, Agencies and other public, third and private sector organisations involved in the healthcare sector.
FULLY FUNDED tickets are currently available for public sector delegates. Standard ticket prices are £350 for public sector and £999 for private sector.
To register your attendance for this event please contact Govtoday on 0161 238 8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote MARK1 at the time of booking to qualify for the special offer price.
For further information about this conference contact James Hall, PR and Marketing Account Executive at gtcreate on 0161 238 8855 or email email@example.com. You can also visit www.reducing-hcais.co.uk for further details.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Govtoday is an unrivalled media platform dedicated to delivering the latest news and views from across all fields of government through an on-going programme of events and online communications.
Join the debate at www.govtoday.co.uk