Capita announces details of the 14th Child Protection Conference - Tuesday 25th September - Central London
Published by Anonymous for Capita Conferences in Health
The Government’s review of the core inter-agency safeguarding guidance has called for reduced bureaucracy and improved clarity of practice. Now is a critical time of reform in the child protection agenda.
Capita’s 14th National Child Protection Conference brings together expert safeguarding professionals from across key agencies to give delegates guidance on the introduction of more flexible assessment and an update on the Government’s progress of implementing recommendations from the Munro Review.
Featuring a keynote address from the Department for Education this timely event includes crucial sessions focussing on:
- The outcomes of the Working Together to Safeguard Children review
- Driving sector-led improvement through balancing prescription and professional flexibility
- Implementing a ‘systems’ model for reviewing serious cases
Gain expert knowledge for service improvement and learn how to best implement an effective child-centred system to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in your area.
- Chair: Cheryl Coppell, Chair, London Safeguarding Children Board and Chief Executive, London Borough of Havering
- Fiona Harrow, Deputy Director, Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy Division, Department for Education
- Mark Rogers, Chief Executive, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and Chair, SOLACE Children's and Education Policy Network
- Jane Appleby, Lead for Children, CAMHS and Safeguarding, NHS East Midlands
- Cathy Blair, Director, Child Protection, Islington Council
For further information, please see: